Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please read the following before signing: In consideration for the right to participate in Glenwood Parks & Recreation activities, the
climbing wall, climbing lessons, or outdoor climbing I hereby agree to the following: I understand any recreational/ sports activity,
including the one I am applying for, involves certain risks to my personal safety and property, or the safety and property of others. I
further understand participation in recreational/sports activities requires certain skills and capabilities and I agree it is solely my responsibility to insure my health is adequate and my capabilities are sufficient to participate in this activity. I agree to assume any and all risks associated with my participation in this activity. I agree to follow all rules for safe participation in this activity with full knowledge that I may be banned from future activities if rules are violated. I hereby waive any and all claims I may have against the City and its officers, employees, agents, servants, insurers, and all representatives and sponsors arising out of my participation in this activity. I hereby release and hold harmless the City of any claim bought by a third party due to my participation in this activity. I also
understand that any equipment that I provide or may borrow from Glenwood Parks & Recreation or any other provider I use at my own risk and that any such equipment is provided without any warranty about its condition or suitability. I understand I may be
photographed, and give permission for the use of my image to publicize activities for the Recreation Department. In the event of any
emergency, I give consent for me or my child to be taken to and treated at the nearest medical facility. In such event, I shall be solely
responsible for medical expenses associated with medical care. If I am signing this agreement on behalf of a minor child, I understand
the foregoing agreements and waivers shall apply equally to the child. I further acknowledge that the following list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with Climbing and that the list in no way limits the extent or reach of this release and covenant Not to Sue.
I hereby acknowledge and agree that the sport of rock climbing and the use of the Glenwood Community Center Climbing Wall
(hereinafter referred to as the Climbing Wall) have inherent risks including, but not limited to:
1. All manner of injury resulting from falling and impacting against rock faces and projections, whether permanently or
temporarily in place, or the ground or Community Center Floor;
2. Rope abrasion, entanglement and other injuries resulting from activities on or near the Climbing Wall or climb such
as, but not limited to climbing, belaying, rappelling, lowering on rope, auto belay systems, rescue systems, and any
other rope techniques;
3. Injuries resulting from falling climbers, rocks or dropped items, such as, but not limited to ropes or climbing hardware;
4. Cuts and abrasions resulting from skin contact with the Climbing Wall, rocks, trees, climbing equipment;
5. Failure of ropes, slings, harnesses, climbing hardware, auto belay systems, anchor points, or any part of the Climbing
Wall structure or other climbing equipment;
6. Climbers & Wall users may be belayed or spotted by someone other than Community Center Climbing Wall
Employee. Belayers or spotters may be belay certified peers of climbers and wall users.
7. Travel to and from the climbing destination may require driving, hiking, scrambling and un-roped climbing.
8. Injuries resulting from adverse weather conditions and non-controllable environmental conditions.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field