The Glenwood Whitewater Park is the first man-made whitewater feature built on the entire length of the Colorado River. Also known as the "G-wave" it is located on the west side of Glenwood Springs and provides year round enjoyment for river enthusiasts.
Parking / Safety Guidelines
Welcome to the Glenwood Whitewater Park! Due to the overwhelming success of the whitewater park and nature of the location, the Whitewater Park Committee has released these guidelines for the limited parking at the site, currently a small parking lot is available just across Devereux Avenue from the park.
- As the park sees increased use on weekends throughout the summer, parking may be limited.
- Overflow parking is available 1/3 mile up Midland Avenue in the RFTA Lot. (Take first right and park in the large lot near the brick building.)
- No parking is allowed on Midland Avenue! You may be ticketed!
- Please do not park in a manner that impedes traffic or in private business lots or you may be towed
- Overnight camping is not permitted in the immediate area
- Additional camping information is available from the U.S. Forest Service at 970-945-2521 or BLM 970-947-2800 Monday through Friday.
- Helmets and Personal Flotation Devices are required at all times
Have a great time and enjoy the feature!